I’ve tried a new recipe for cookies, and it came out perfect on the first try! If you bake, you know that it’s basically a miracle. So, without further ado, here’s my recipe for easy almond oat cookies!
- 125 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 80 g demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 100 g oats
- 100 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven at 180º C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the golden syrup and the almond extract, and mix together.
- Add the oats, the flour, and the baking powder. Mix until it becomes a bulky mixture. After some 3-4 minutes it should start to form a big ball and separating from the bowl.
- Roll little balls of dough with your hands, and place in the tray. Now, these cookies don’t spread very much, but it’s always a good idea to give them some space between each other. Remember: the bigger the ball, the bigger the cookie!
- Bake for approximately 13 minutes, or until the cookies are nice and golden.
- Enjoy with a hot cup of tea!
Optionally, you can coat your cookies with chocolate. I’ve done with and without chocolate, and both options are a success!
Here are my cookies:
I’ve made the first batch on Friday, and it was such a success that I thought of making it again on Saturday and give some away. My friends were so happy and everyone said they were amazing, so I would say this is a good option to bring out when you have guests or going to someone’s home for a cup of tea.
I hope you like this recipe. Please let me know in the comments if you’ve tried it, what you thought, and maybe even send a picture of your cookies!